At Syverson, Lesowitz & Gebelin, LLP, our trial lawyers have represented businesses in complex commercial litigation matters across the country. Our litigation philosophy emphasizes innovation, efficiency and aggressiveness. We represent both plaintiffs and defendants in state, federal and appellate cases. Our commercial litigation clients are leading companies in diverse industries including real estate development, hedge funds, hospitality, banking and financial services, insurance, entertainment, pharmaceuticals and technology.Business and Commercial Litigation in Los Angeles
Examples of recent cases include:
- Millions of dollars in settlements in the financial industry for breach of fiduciary duties relating to balance sheet partnerships in the hedge fund industry.
- Defense of lawsuits filed by government agencies such as the Federal Trade Commission relating to internet advertising saving our clients millions of dollars.
- Copyright and trademark infringement cases including a recent dismissal with prejudice of a case seeking seven figures in damages for Internet based infringement of a national health care clinic.
- Class-action lawsuit defense of Silicon valley financial technology company. We achieved a full dismissal of all class action consumer claims for false advertising within a month of being retained. We are known for being able to dig into complex commercial cases in order to focus upon the key winning aspects.
- Internet class actions on issues such as pay-per-click fraud, unfair advertising practices and unfair business practices under California Business and Professions Code Section 17200.
- Successfully represented a national travel company as a plaintiff in a case seeking damages for unfair competition relating to false and defamatory internet reviews posted by a direct competitor.
- Commercial lease disputes involving the outdoor advertising industry.
- Enforcement of liens and secured debt positions with regard to a number of industries, including warehousing, international logistics and freight, import/exports, international banks and commercial printing.
- $2 million dollar verdict for defamation and interference with business relations on behalf of real estate investment firm.
- Representation of private equity investors victimized by fraudulent investment schemes.
We have found that optimum litigation and trial results are achieved through careful planning and strategy. We work with our commercial litigation clients to set reasonable budgets and timelines for litigation goals. This includes focused discovery efforts and summary judgment filings if appropriate. Many commercial cases involve breach of contract claims, theft of trade secrets and violations of the Business and Professions code. We have a thorough understanding of the relevant law related to these claims. As such, we staff cases more efficiently than many larger law firms. We typically staff business litigation matters with one partner and one or two associates to eliminate duplicative billing entries that plague many commercial litigants. There are no unqualified or inexperienced attorneys working at our firm. We don’t train or babysit on your dollar.
As a commercial litigation law firm, we have represented the following entities:
- Real Estate Investment Funds
- Hedge Funds and Hedge Fund owners
- Public companies such as Jerrick Media
- Talented entertainers such as Julia Roberts and Jared Leto
- Internet Marketing Companies
- Travel and Leisure Brands including international hotel chains
- Web and Software Development Companies
- Video game publishers such as Game on Enterprises from Sweden
- Juvederm beauty products
- Movie and commercial production studios
- Law firms and law partners
- Professional service providers such as Optima Tax Relief
As experienced trial lawyers, we understand how to focus on the relevant facts and evidence to guide your case through the legal process in the most efficient manner possible. We routinely prevail in trials where millions of dollars are at stake.Contact Our Commercial Litigation Law Firm Today
Please contact us if you are in need.